Behavior[edit | edit source]
Automatons are found at the extremity of a platform, immobile and invisible (cloaked in a similar way to Knife Throwers), until The Beheaded reaches their platform. Following a short channeling time, they will attack by dashing twice through the player, from one extremity of the platform to the other and then back to their spawn place. This attack, like the Lightspeed skill, imitates The Time Keeper's dash and is therefore indicated by the same beam of yellow particles. It can be jumped, dodged or parried.
Automatons only execute their attack once. When finished, they will retract their swords against their chest before teleporting themselves to another platform. They will also teleport away if attacked or stunned during an attack. Automatons are the only enemies who will not continue to attack the player if hit.
Moveset[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- If you have a shield, parrying their charge and then killing them will work.
- If you have a ranged weapon, shooting them before they can charge will often breach them, as long as you have a clear shot.
- If you have a melee weapon, you can melee them to breach them before they charge, but if they're too far away it may be better to ignore them and let them run away somewhere else after their attack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Automatons were added with the v1.4 update, aka Who's the Boss Update in August 2019 as an enemy deriving from The Time Keeper.
- In the gamefiles there is a sprite of this enemy named spatuleman0.