Please abstain from editing in info that is not on the stable branch.
Challenge Rifts are optional bonus stages for the player to take on a certain amount of risk for a certain amount of reward.
Fully completing a challenge rift unlocks the achievement "See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?"
Stage[edit | edit source]
- Has a 20% chance to spawn in all non-boss biomes and are recognized by a rune appearing at the player's feet similar to those found on the walls which house food and gold for the player.
- Contains a gold chest containing various loot for the player, including an item, a power scroll, Cells or gold. As soon as the chest is open, the entrance to the stage is sealed and the player must travel to the end of the trap filled stage to escape from it. The rift is closed forever when the player leaves and cannot be entered again, until a new rift with a new trap course appears.
- The stage is filled exclusively with wall-to-wall traps to hinder the player's progression out of this stage.
- Masochist will reduce the damage of those traps as well.
- Any items left in the rift will be teleported to the side of the original portal when the player leaves. This counts even for useless items, like the Prisoner's Collar.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike previous versions of the challenge rift, the newest version allows the player to damage themselves as much as they please (or don't), without kicking them from the stage, like it used to.
Gear • Biomes • Runes • Mutations • Enemies • Bosses • NPCs