Challenge Rifts are optional areas that can be accessed via interacting with a special symbol that can appear randomly in the floor. They will always begin with a chest which contains one scroll of power and an amulet, as well as many cells. However, once the chest is opened, the exit closes and the beheaded must complete a set of trap-filled platforming challenges to escape.
Fully completing a challenge rift unlocks the achievement "See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?"
Stage[edit | edit source]
- Has a 20% chance to spawn in all non-boss biomes and are recognized by a rune appearing at the player's feet similar to those found on the walls which house food and gold for the player.
- Contains a gold chest containing various loot for the player, including an item, a power scroll, Cells or gold. As soon as the chest is open, the entrance to the stage is sealed and the player must travel to the end of the trap filled stage to escape from it. The rift is closed forever when the player leaves and cannot be entered again, until a new rift with a new trap course appears.
- The stage is filled exclusively with wall-to-wall traps to hinder the player's progression out of this stage.
- Masochist will reduce the damage of those traps as well.
- Any items left in the rift will be teleported to the side of the original portal when the player leaves. This counts even for useless items, like the Prisoner's Collar.
Gear • Biomes (Map) • Runes • Mutations • Enemies • Bosses • NPCs