|This article is a stub. You can help Dead Cells Wiki by .|
Chests in Dead Cells can be found in different random locations around every biome. They usually contain a random item, but they have a ??% to contain enemies (x zombies and y flying biters).
Cursed chests[edit | edit source]
Cursed chests can have a chance to appear inside almost every biome (1% in Prisoners' Quarters, 5% in High Peak Castle, 10% every other biome excluding the Astrolab). Upon opening them will reward the player with a colorless item, a Scroll of Power and a gem, as well as inflicting him with a 10 enemies curse.
The following things DO insta-kill while Cursed:
- Any enemy hit that deals at least 1 damage
- Any trap hit
- Poison damage (it is currently unknown whether still running poison instantly kills you after opening the chest)
- Damage from using Lightning Bolt too long
The following things do NOT insta-kill while Cursed, even though they may deal damage:
- Darkness in the Forgotten Sepulcher
- Malaise damage
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cursed chests taunt the Beheaded in order to get him to open them, as he gets close.
Challenge Rift chests[edit | edit source]
Gear • Biomes (Map) • Runes • Mutations • Enemies • Bosses • NPCs