|This article is about enemy. For active skill, see Cleaver (Skill).|
|Forgotten Sepulcher, Morass of the Banished
Throne Room (summoned by The Hand of the King)
Observatory (summoned by The Collector)
|Death Orb (10%)
Spiked Shield (100%)
Behavior[edit | edit source]
While Cleavers are slow, they are extremely durable and can throw their axe a great distance. The throw takes some time to charge, but once the axe is thrown it doesn't stop until it returns to the Cleaver. The spinning axe has a big hit-box and deals heavy hits in rapid succession, so attempting to dodge by rolling in the same direction the axe is traveling can result in taking a lot of damage.
If the Cleaver is stunned, frozen, or defeated when its thrown axe returns, the axe will continue flying until it hits a wall or goes off the screen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Previously named Meat Grinder.
- Despite both the Cleaver enemy and the Cleaver skill sharing the same name, even sharing the name Meat Grinder prior to both being changed to Cleaver, this enemy does not drop the blueprint for said skill.
- Cleavers were formerly found in the Stilt Village, then called Fog Fjord.
- Before v1.7, aka the Bad Seed DLC, Cleavers could only be found exclusively in Forgotten Sepulcher. This marks it as the second enemy to lose biome exclusivity, with the first being the Slammer.
- However, if the player does not install the Bad Seed DLC, this enemy would still technically count as exclusive, as it doesn't spawn anywhere else.