|Previous biome(s):||Stilt Village, Slumbering Sanctuary|
|Next biome(s):||Clock Room|
|Gear Level||5 (0 BSC) / 8 (5 BSC)|
|Scrolls:||4 Scrolls of Power, 2 Dual-Stat Scrolls, 3 Scroll Fragments (3 BSC), 4 Scroll Fragments (4/5 BSC)|
|Cursed Chests||0-1 (10% chance)|
|Blueprints from enemies||Predator, Hokuto's Bow, Skeleton Outfit, Dictator Outfit|
|Blueprints from secret areas||Punishment|
|Enemies:||Undead Archers, Bombardiers, Dark Trackers, Cannibals, Automatons|
|Hazards:||Spikes, spiked flails|
|Wandering Elite Chance:||100%|
|Elite Room Chance:||40%|
The Clock Tower is a fifth level biome.
The clock tower rises above the Stilt Village, up into the clouds. The only thing it does not look down upon is the king's keep. It is a bit nauseating to climb, although bearable. Yet... There is something one will never get used to: Time. One can feel it looping, speeding up and slowing down at the same time. The purpose of this need for time adjustments is one known by few...
General information[edit | edit source]
Access and exit[edit | edit source]
The only exit out of the Clock Tower leads to the Clock Room, where the Time Keeper awaits. The exit is blocked by a door that requires the Clockmaker's Key which can be found in a room at the top of one of the towers.
Level characteristics[edit | edit source]
Scrolls[edit | edit source]
The Clock Tower contains 6 total scrolls: 4 Power Scrolls and 2 Dual-Stat Scrolls, which cannot spawn in areas requiring the Teleport, Ram or Spider runes. On (4+ BSC) there is a bonus Power scroll. When 3 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 3 guaranteed Scroll Fragments, and when 4/5 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 4 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling[edit | edit source]
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of the Clock Tower based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||19 - 23||22 - 24||23 - 26||25 - 28||29 - 32|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||21 - 23||26 - 30||30 - 34||32 - 37|
Boss Stem Cell rewards[edit | edit source]
Chest and loot[edit | edit source]
- 2 guaranteed treasure chests are found, 1 behind a 3 BSC door.
- 2 cell containers are found, 1 behind a 2 BSC door.
Shops[edit | edit source]
- 3 weapon/skill shops are found, 1 behind a 1 BSC door.
Exclusive blueprints[edit | edit source]
Bell puzzle[edit | edit source]
To solve this puzzle, the four bells must be rang from lowest pitch to highest pitch. There is a subtle visual cue as well.
Enemy blueprints[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
The table below lists which enemies are present in the Clock Tower on each difficulty level and which blueprints each may drop. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified.
|Undead Archer||Bow and Endless Quiver, Infantry Bow, Ice Bow, Skeleton Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Bombardier||Powerful Grenade, Wave of Denial, Aphrodite Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Dark Tracker||Repeater Crossbow, Hayabusa Boots (1+ BSC), Ninja Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Cannibal||Hokuto's Bow, Dictator Outfit (4+ BSC)|
|Inquisitor||Lightning Bolt, Vampirism, Mage Outfit|
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Beheaded encounters a crossing area with a series of giant floating swords, with a few weird conditions and physics attached. It seems to be somewhat disturbed by them. Upon opening the door to a room, it feels "Like I'm floating, as if everything was speeding up and slowing down at the same time."
- A letter left by the Time Keeper indicates that she is repeating the same day over and over, as if time was rewinding every day. Indeed, the Time Keeper keeps track of all the infected people and monsters she has executed, but all her entries are classified as "Day 1". It would appear that this task is quite taxing for her, as the number of people and monsters executed per day lowers.
- A grimoire by The Alchemist reports he found a formulation (which likely includes the Sanctuary substance as base ingredient) that slows down the mutagenic effects of the Malaise.
- A guard's room contains a note which states that the guard is going to attempt to talk to the Alchemist about evacuating due to the rampant illness. The note is cut off before the word "Alchemist" can be finished. Behind the room is a secret alchemy lab.