The Corrupted Prison is a short, optional biome between the second and the third level. It's accessed through Toxic Sewers using the Spider rune and leads to the Ancient Sewers or the Ramparts (1+ BSC).
General information[edit | edit source]
Access and exit[edit | edit source]
There are two exits out of Corrupted Prison. Typically, the player will leave by the main exit, which leads to the Ancient Sewers. With at least 1 BSC active, another door (always close to the Ancient Sewers exit) can lead to the Ramparts.
Iron cells[edit | edit source]
Two locked doors are found at the end of the biome, next to the exit doors to either Ancient Sewers or Ramparts (at 1+ BSC). These are Iron cells doors and contain loot in the form of a 2-item choice altar. If the player finds the Iron Cells key, which randomly drops from an enemy or secret in the level, they can choose to open one of those two and take (or recycle) one of the items inside.
While the key will most often fall from killed enemies, it can spawn inside wall and floor secrets as well.
Level characteristics[edit | edit source]
Scrolls[edit | edit source]
The Corrupted Prison contains only one Power Scroll, obtained through the cursed chest at the start of the biome.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling[edit | edit source]
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of Corrupted Prison based on difficulty. [needs confirmation]
Boss Stem Cells rewards[edit | edit source]
Chests and loot[edit | edit source]
- There is always a cursed chest at the beginning of the biome, right before the one-way door.
- There is always one treasure chest or a 2-item altar.
- There is always one item in a hidden area requiring the Ram rune, and another requiring the Spider rune.
Shops[edit | edit source]
There are always two shops (weapons or skills), one of them being in an area requiring the Spider rune.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Arguably the most dangerous and lethal enemy of the Corrupted Prison is the Slammer, as (for such an early biome) it has very high DPS, and its attacks cannot be parried.
In the table below, you will find which enemies are present in the Corrupted Prison depending on difficulty level. For each enemy, any common, uncommon, rare or legendary blueprints they carry are indicated. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified in brackets.
|Zombie||Blood Sword, Double Crossb-o-matic, Bobby Outfit (1 BSC)|
|Undead Archer||Bow and Endless Quiver, Infantry Bow, Ice Bow, Skeleton Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Bat||Knife Dance, Oiled Sword|
|Grenadier||Fire Grenade, Magnetic Grenade|
|Slammer||Flawless, Tactical Retreat|
|Protector||Corrupted Power, Explosive Decoy, Warrior Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Dark Tracker||Repeater Crossbow, Hayabusa Boots, Ninja Outfit|
|Inquisitor||Lightning Bolt, Vampirism, Support, Mage Outfit|
|Bomber||Seismic Strike, A Thousand and One Nights Outfit|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because v1.5 Corrupted Update decreased the amount of Cursed Chests, there is always a guaranteed one in the first room of this biome. To the right of the chest there is a door that will close behind the Beheaded, no matter if he had or hadn't inflicted the curse upon himself.
- In the alpha and beta branch of v1.5, this biome was known as Corrupted Confinement.
References[edit | edit source]
- Note that this key can spawn behind a BSC-locked door, and therefore it is possible for the player not never find it when playing with less than 4 BSC active. [still true as of 03/04/2019]