|This article is a stub. You can help Dead Cells Wiki by .|
Chests in Dead Cells can be found in different random locations around every biome. They usually contain a random item (whose gear level is one higher then the location gear level) , but they have a ??% to contain enemies (x zombies and y flying biters).
Cursed chests[edit | edit source]
Cursed chests can have a chance to appear inside almost every biome (1% in Prisoners' Quarters, 5% in High Peak Castle, 100% at the entrance to Prison Depths and Corrupted Prison, 10% every other biome excluding the Astrolab. Morass of the Banished and Ossuary(2 BSC ) have extra 100% cursed chest). Upon opening them they will reward the player with a colorless item, a Scroll of Power and a gem, as well as inflicting them with a 10 enemies curse.
The following things DO insta-kill while Cursed:
- Any enemy hit that deals at least 1 damage
- Any trap hit
- Jumping into a bottomless pit
- Poison DoT (it is currently unknown whether still running poison instantly kills you after opening the chest)
- Damage from using Lightning Bolt too long
The following things do NOT insta-kill while Cursed, even though they may deal damage:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cursed chests entice the Beheaded, calling itself "naughty" and "in need of punishment" in order to get him to open them, as he gets close.
Challenge Rift chests[edit | edit source]
Gear • Biomes (Map) • Runes • Mutations • Enemies • Bosses • NPCs