The Force Shield is a shield weapon which generates a force field protecting the player from any damage when held up. When the force field is ready, this shield cannot parry attacks. Otherwise, its ammunition (charge level) regenerates, and parrying greatly accelerates the process. In exchange for these abilities, the force shield has an extremely low percentage of damage reduction.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Ammo: 10
- Base Absorbed Damage: 15%
- Special Effects:
- Creates a force field for 3 seconds (0.3 seconds per ammo) when held up.
- Ammo regenerates at a rate of 1 per 3.5 seconds. This can't happen when the shield is up.
- A parry recharges 0.5 seconds of force field duration.
- Ammo depletes as long as the shield is held up and this accelerates as it absorbs attacks.
- Breach Bonus: -1
- Base Breach Damage: 0
- Base Breach DPS: 0 (0)
- Tags: Shield, LimitedAmmo, CanPrepareWithoutAmmo, DisableVerboseAmmo, NoAmmoPerk
- Legendary Version: Surprise
- Forced Affix: Poison Shield
- "Poisons enemies blocked with a parry."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Force Shield is the only shield in the game to use ammo, albeit in a very unique form unlike any other weapon.
- It is not affected by the mutation Ammo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Used to be called the Front Line Shield and worked differently prior to v1.1.
- It wasn't able to parry, but in exchange it reduced oncoming damage by 90%. This generated extreme infamy in the community and it was removed. The sprite was then recycled for the current Force Shield while the original force shield was renamed to the Rampart. The original Front Line Shield was later resurrected as an entirely different shield.