Please abstain from editing in info that is not on the stable branch.
Giant Killer is a melee weapon which deals increased damage to Elites and Bosses. Its blueprint is dropped when killing the Giant for the first time. The base critical DPS (465) of Giant Killer is the second highest in the whole game, with the first highest damage dealing item being Cursed Sword. However, to truly take advantage from Giant Killer's very high damage, the player needs to land the third and fourth hit of the attack combo, which puts them at a risk of getting hit due to their slow wind-up. Therefore, using Giant Killer against normal enemies is relatively inefficient compared to other gear but extremely strong against Bosses and Elites.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Special Effects:
- This weapon deals ~3.66x damage (465 critical DPS) to Elites and Bosses.
- Combo Duration: 2.45 seconds
- First Hit: 0.45 (0.3 + 0.15)
- Second Hit: 0.45 (0.3 + 0.15)
- Third Hit: 0.8 (0.6 + 0.2)
- Fourth Hit: 0.75 (0.45 + 0.3)
- Breach Bonus: 1/1/1/1
- Base Breach Damage: 50/70/200/300 (180/238/900/960)
- Base Breach DPS: 273 (930)
- Tags: Heavy Weapon
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 1.2 this weapon was only available in Daily Runs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Giant Killer may have initially been conceived as a spear, like the one originally used to "kill" the Giant, but was changed to a sword at some point before being added to the game files.
- The in-game model for the Giant Killer appears to be a sword with a long, straight-edged blade, with a white glow. This model is currently also used for the Seismic Strike.