The Lightning Bolt is an electric-type ranged weapon which deals more damage if it is channeled for an extended amount of time, and also damages the player if they use it for too long. Like all electric weapons and items, it also inflicts shock damage.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Special Effects:
- Lighting Bolt requires 0.2 seconds of wind-up before lightning starts to be channeled.
- Lightning damages an enemy once every 0.2 seconds with the first tick occurring at the end of windup.
- Ticks 1-5 deal normal tick damage using blue lightning.
- Ticks 6-10 deal 3.1x damage (93 critical tick damage). Ticks 6-9 use yellow lightning, tick 10 uses red lightning, and any further ticks significantly damage the player.
- When channeling is stopped, the player regains control after 0.25 seconds.
- Breach Bonus: -1
- Base Breach Damage: 0 (0)
- Base Breach DPS: 0 (0)
- Attack Duration: 0.45 seconds
- Charge: 0.2
- Lock: 0.25
- Tags: Ranged, Electric, UnlockInPublicEvent
- Legendary Version: Divine Sarcasm
- Forced Affix: Double Damage Free
- "+100% damage dealt to enemies!"
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- A colorless version of this item can be good with the mutation Vengeance, which scales with Brutality. This is because Vengeance increases the player's DPS (from all weapons, skills, and miscellaneous mechanics) and reduces damage taken by a flat 30%, and is triggered as soon as they take damage from any source. This effectively reduces self-damage from this weapon while still offering high DPS.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using this weapon after 10 ticks will influence the locking of a Perfect Door, even if the player did not directly take damage from an enemy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon and quote in the description are a reference to Star Wars. In particular, it references the character Darth Sidious, who is infamous for his prolific use of Force Lightning.
- The fact that the weapon damages the player after prolonged use may reference how Darth Sidious permanently scarred himself with his lightning when he used it to fight Mace Windu in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.