|This article is a stub. You can help Dead Cells Wiki by .|
|Scythe Claws (1st kill)|
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Tactics[edit | edit source]
First phase[edit | edit source]
- Initially, Mama Tick will only reveal her eyestalk to the Beheaded. At this time, the only attack that she can use is a quick stab attack from below the waters. This is telegraphed by a splash in the water, alongside a yellow exclamation mark, and can be dodge rolled through, parried, or simply walked away from if the player reacts quickly. This phase of the fight lasts until enough damage has been dealt to the eyestalk to trigger the "Interlude" phase.
Interlude[edit | edit source]
During the Interlude, Mama Tick will retreat her eyestalk, and begin a series of quick stab attacks. Unlike the first phase's attacks, these ones cannot be parried. There are a couple of strategies the player can employ to survive this:
- Always keep moving. It's best to keep jumping, as the water slows your movement speed which means that more time will be spent where you are susceptible to Mama Tick's attacks.
- Alternatively, you can stand still until spotting an exclamation mark below the Beheaded, and then proceed to safely roll or walk out of the way.
- It should be noted that repeatedly rolling is not a good strategy, as the invincibility frames will wear off before a subsequent roll can be performed, meaning repeatedly rolling will occasionally leave the player completely vulnerable to Mama Tick's attacks. This is particularly bad due to the speed and unpredictable nature of Mama Tick's attacks.
Second phase[edit | edit source]
After the first interlude has ended, Mama Tick will rise from under the surface of the water, either on the left or the right side of the arena. After dealing a certain amount of damage she will move to the opposite side of the arena, leaving the player with a small window for healing. There are four attacks Mama Tick can use in this phase:
- She will shoot 3 explosive projectiles (similar to the Giant Tick's) in an arc, which will then fall to the ground and explode. It is best to go to the nearest edge of the arena to avoid these explosions, as they fall close to the center. These projectiles can be parried before they explode.
- Her second attack will display numerous yellow-white pixels along the ground, much like the Time Keeper's dash attack. After a short time, Mama Tick will instantly swipe at the area the pixels had previously occupied, and will do so a second time soon after. This attack can either be dodged, parried, or jumped over.
- In her third attack, she will hold both of her claws in the air, and they will begin to glow. Shortly afterwards, Mama Tick will proceed to go on a rampage, slashing in front of her repeatedly. Each slash will propel her forwards, until eventually she stops a little before reaching the opposite side of the arena. These slashes can be dodged or parried, but it is generally best to retreat to the opposite side of the arena during this attack due to how dangerous it can be.
- In Mama Tick's final attack, she will raise one of her claws, which will then proceed to glow yellow. A moment later, she will charge at the the Beheaded and quickly strike them once or twice, dealing heavy damage if the blow lands. This attack can be dodged or parried.
Interlude[edit | edit source]
- (Identical to the first interlude).
Third phase[edit | edit source]
The attacks in the third phase are similar to the ones in the second phase, but now they have each become more deadly:
- The explosive projectiles will still travel in an arc, but now there will be four of them, leaving even less room to avoid the subsequent explosions. Retreating to whichever side of the arena is closest is still recommended. These projectiles can be parried before they explode.
- The broad, sweeping attack that is similar to the Time Keeper's dash, will now become a three-hit combo, rather than just a two. Once again, these attacks can be dodged, parried, or jumped over.
- The rampaging attack where Mama Tick quickly and repeatedly swipes at the Beheaded is essentially the same, but now the time it takes for her to begin attacking is reduced. This attack can still be dodged or parried, but it is still recommended to retreat to the opposite side of the arena until it ends.
- The one-claw attack will now have a slightly different timing each time it is used in order to throw off the player. This attack can still be dodged or parried.
Lore[edit | edit source]
She appeared to be summoned by the Altar you find before moving out of the previous zone.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sacrificing the Mushroom Boi at the altar before the fight will let you past the Boss without a fight, although it won't grant access to the flawless door or the achievement.
- Since the whole arena is submerged in water, electric weapons work much better on Mama Tick while fire weapons are much less preferable to use.