Morass of the Banished
The Morass of the Banished is a third level biome that was introduced with the Bad Seed DLC.
- 1 General Information
- 2 Enemies
- 3 Lore
- 4 Notes
- 5 References
General Information[edit | edit source]
Access and Exit[edit | edit source]
Level Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Scrolls[edit | edit source]
The Morass of the Banished contains 5 scrolls, including 2 Power Scrolls (with a third available in a guaranteed Cursed Chest), and 2 Dual-Stat Scrolls, which cannot spawn in areas requiring the use of runes to access. When 3 BSC are active, this biome has 2 guaranteed Scroll Fragments, and when 4/5 BSC are active, this biome has 4 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling[edit | edit source]
- Gear level of III.
- [needs more info]
Boss Stem Cell Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 BSC - Food Shop
Chests and Loot[edit | edit source]
- 1 Treasure Chest behind a Ram rune area. If the random Cursed Chest spawns (10% chance), it will replace this chest
- 1 guaranteed Cursed Chest
Shops[edit | edit source]
- 1 shop
- 1 food shop behind a 2 BSC door
15 min timed door/untouchable door here.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
In the Morass of the Banished there are three unique enemies: Banished, Blowgunners and Giant Ticks
0BC - Banished, Blowgunners, Giant Ticks, Slasher, Cleaver, Weaver Worm
5BC - Banished, Blowgunners, Giant Ticks, Slasher, Cleaver, Weaver Worm, Rampager
The table below lists which enemies are present in the Morass of the Banished on each difficulty level and which blueprints each may drop. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified.
|Banished||Smoke Bomb, Banished's Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Blowgunner||Blowgun, Blowgunner's Outfit|
|Giant Tick||Rhythm n' Bouzouki, Tick Trainer's Outfit (4+ BSC)|
|Slasher||Cluster Grenade, Heavy Turret, Demon Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Cleaver||Death Orb, Spiked Shield|
|Dark Tracker||Repeater Crossbow, Hayabusa Boots, Ninja Outfit (2 BSC)|
|Masker||Fire Blast, Ghost Outfit|
Lore[edit | edit source]
Altar Room[edit | edit source]
The room depicted in the picture contains two items that can be interacted with:
Altar[edit | edit source]
- When examined, the Beheaded observes that the altar is:
- "Vaguely religious, these symbols seem to evoke a holy maternal figure."
- "...and a strange exhortation to consume wine?"
- If the Beheaded has a Mushroom Boi! equipped, it possible to sacrifice him to the altar. If one chooses to do so, Mama Tick will not spawn in The Nest, and Mushroom Boi! will be permanently removed from the inventory, as well as granting the "Pact with the Devil" achievement if it has not already been unlocked.
Cloaked-Figure[edit | edit source]
- When walking up to the altar, the Cloaked Figure will exclaim "A new disciple!" and upon talking to them for the first time, they will say "Welcome to our humble chapel brother! Are you ready to make a sacrifice?"
- Subsequent interactions with the Cloaked Figure will result in them randomly saying one of the following lines:
- "Pray for your salvation... with a sacrifice."
- "Words are meaningless, only sacrifices are important..."
- "Mama protect this lost child..."
- "Prove your devotion!"
- "Sacrifice will save you..."
- "Are you really faithful?"
Cellar[edit | edit source]
The cellar has two objects that can be examined:
Sign (referred to as Cellar)[edit | edit source]
- Upon examination the Beheaded will observe:
- A bulletin board, a note is tacked to it.
- "Do not forget to clean the cellar on a regular basis: the meat will not last more than 3 or 4 days, after that it will begin to emit a foul odor."
Corpse[edit | edit source]
- A small secret room can be found within the Cellar lore room. It contains a single corpse, which results in the following text when examined:
- "It seems one of them made it out..."
- "The poor guy didn't get far."
- "There were some leftovers." (A piece of food is dropped).
Pipe Room[edit | edit source]
This lore room is often found in the area following the location of a Giant Tick. It has two objects that can be examined:
Pipe[edit | edit source]
- When examined, the Beheaded will bang on the pipe. think to himself, and exclaim:
- "I'm pretty sure I've seen this somewhere before..."
Noxious Stink[edit | edit source]
- When examined, the Beheaded will exclaim:
- "They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..."
- "If anybody's been living off that, they must be MONSTROUS!"
- "Just the smell is already lethal..."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The biome was accessible four days before the release of Bad Seed DLC for all players, but it was blocked when the DLC was released.
- As of v1.9 The Update of Plenty, the altar lore room will spawn in Morass of the Banished regardless of whether or not lore rooms are disabled. This is because it can be directly interacted with, unlike other lore rooms.