The Prison Depths is short, optional biome between the second and the third level. It's accessed through Promenade of the Condemned using the Spider rune and leads to the Ossuary or the Ancient Sewers (1+ BSC).
General information[edit | edit source]
Access and exit[edit | edit source]
There are three exits out of Prison Depths. The player will always have the choice between the Ossuary and The Morass of the Banished on all Boss Cells. With at least 1 BSC active, a third door (always close to the other exits) will lead to the Ancient Sewers.
Iron cells[edit | edit source]
Two locked doors are found at the end of the biome, next to the exit doors to either Ossuary or Ancient Sewers (at 1+ BSC). These are Iron cells doors and contain loot in the form of a 2-item choice altar. If the player finds the Iron Cells key, which randomly drops from an enemy or secret in the level, they can choose to open one of those two and take (or recycle) one of the items inside.
While the key will most often fall from killed enemies, it can spawn inside wall and floor secrets as well.
Level characteristics[edit | edit source]
Scrolls[edit | edit source]
The Prison Depths contains only one Power Scroll, obtained through the cursed chest at the start of the biome.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling[edit | edit source]
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of Prison Depths based on difficulty.
Boss Stem Cells rewards[edit | edit source]
Chests and loot[edit | edit source]
- There is always a cursed chest at the beginning of the biome, right before the one-way door.
- There is always one treasure chest or a 2-item altar.
- There is always one item in a hidden area requiring the Ram rune, and another requiring the Spider rune.
Shops[edit | edit source]
There are always two shops (weapons or skills), one of them being in an area requiring the Spider rune.
Exclusive blueprints[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
In the Prison Depths, you will find many dangerous enemies, such as Slashers and Lacerators. In addition, Maskers and Hammers could be considered the iconic enemies of this biome, with the latter never spawning in any other location than Prison Depths. On high difficulties, Knife Throwers and Rampagers appear, making this level even harder to navigate.
In the table below, you will find which enemies are present in the Prison Depths depending on difficulty level. For each enemy, any common, uncommon, rare or legendary blueprints they carry are indicated. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified in brackets.
|Zombie||Blood Sword, Double Crossb-o-matic, Bobby Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Undead Archer||Bow and Endless Quiver, Infantry Bow, Ice Bow|
|Hammer||War Spear, Oil Grenade|
|Kamikaze||Frantic Sword, Neon Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Lacerator||Crusher, Open Wounds, Carduus Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Masker||Fire Blast, Ghost Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Slasher||Cluster Grenade, Heavy Turret, Demon Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Knife Thrower||Great Owl of War, Legendary Warrior's Outfit (3+ BSC)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because v1.5 Corrupted Update decreased the amount of Cursed Chests, there is always a guaranteed one in the first room of this biome. To the right of the chest there is a door that will close behind the Beheaded, no matter if he had or hadn't inflicted the curse upon himself.
- Consequently, the Gold Cells Key that used to be found here became obsolete with v1.5. Thus, it was removed, as the Curse Chest at the beginning of the biome guarantees the Scroll that this key used to guard.
References[edit | edit source]
- Note that this key can spawn behind a BSC-locked door, and therefore it is possible for the player not never find it when playing with less than 4 BSC active. [still true as of 03/04/2019]