|Location:||Below the Promenade of the Condemned|
|Required rune(s):||Spider Rune|
|Previous biome(s):||Promenade of the Condemned, Dilapidated Arboretum|
|Next biome(s):||Ossuary, Morass of the Banished, Ancient Sewers (1+ BSC)|
|Enemy Tier:||6-9 (0 BSC) / 22–24 (5 BSC)|
|Gear Level||3 (0 BSC) / 6 (5 BSC)|
|Scrolls:||1 Scroll of Power (from cursed chest)|
|Blueprints from enemies||War Spear, Oil Grenade|
|Enemies:||Zombies, Undead Archers, Slashers, Maskers, Hammers, Kamikazes, Lacerators, Sewer Flies (spawned by Hammers)|
|Hazards:||Spikes, spiked flails|
The Prison Depths is short, optional biome between the second and the third level.It's accessed through the Promenade of the Condemned or the Dilapidated Arboretum using the Spider rune and leads to the Ossuary, the Morass of the Banished or the Ancient Sewers (1+ BSC).
General information[edit | edit source]
Access and exit[edit | edit source]
The Spider Rune is required to access this area through the Promenade of the Condemned or the Dilapidated Arboretum. An underground section only accessible by wall climbing in both levels leads to the Prison Depths.
There are three exits out of Prison Depths. The player will always have the choice between the Ossuary and the Morass of the Banished on all Boss Cells. With at least 1 BSC active, a third door (always close to the other exits) will lead to the Ancient Sewers.
Iron cells[edit | edit source]
Two locked doors are found at the end of the biome, next to the exit doors to either Ossuary, Morass of the Banished, or Ancient Sewers (at 1+ BSC). Behind both these doors there is a 2-item choice altar. If the player finds the Iron Cells key, which randomly drops from an enemy, they can choose to open one door and take/recycle an item inside.
Level characteristics[edit | edit source]
Scrolls[edit | edit source]
The Prison Depths contains only one Power Scroll, obtained through the cursed chest at the start of the level.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling[edit | edit source]
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of Prison Depths based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||8 - 9||11 - 12||12 - 13||14 - 15||15 - 16|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||9 - 11||13 - 14||15 - 17||20 - 22|
Boss Stem Cells rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 BSC: Exit to the Ancient Sewers
Chests and loot[edit | edit source]
- There is always a cursed chest at the beginning of the biome, right before the one-way door.
Shops[edit | edit source]
- There is always a weapon/skill shop around the halfway point of the level.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
In the Prison Depths, you will find many dangerous enemies, such as Slashers and Lacerators. In addition, Maskers and Hammers could be considered the iconic enemies of this biome, with the latter never spawning in any other location than Prison Depths. On high difficulties, Knife Throwers and Rampagers appear, making this level even harder to navigate.
In the table below, you will find which enemies are present in the Prison Depths depending on difficulty level. For each enemy, any common, uncommon, rare or legendary blueprints they carry are indicated. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified in brackets.
|Zombie||Blood Sword, Double Crossb-o-matic, Bobby Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Undead Archer||Bow and Endless Quiver, Infantry Bow, Ice Bow|
|Hammer||War Spear, Oil Grenade|
|Kamikaze||Frantic Sword, Neon Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Lacerator||Crusher, Open Wounds, Carduus Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Masker||Fire blast, Ghost Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Slasher||Cluster Grenade, Heavy Turret, Demon Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Knife Thrower||Great Owl of War, Legendary Warrior's Outfit (3+ BSC)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because v1.5 Corrupted Update decreased the amount of Cursed Chests, there is always a guaranteed one in the first room of this biome. To the right of the chest there is a door that will close behind the Beheaded, no matter if he had or hadn't inflicted the curse upon himself.
- Consequently, the Gold Cells Key that used to be found here became obsolete with v1.5. Thus, it was removed, as the Curse Chest at the beginning of the biome guarantees the Scroll that this key used to guard.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prison Depths is the only biome to contain two distinct soundtracks, namely "Prison Depths" and "Prison Theme". While "Prison Depths" was made exclusively for this biome, "Prison Theme" would have been for another biome called Prison Hub, but it was scrapped during the alpha stage of the game.
References[edit | edit source]
- Prison Hub as it would have been, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzsbR7CJyMM
|Prisoners' Quarters • Promenade of the Condemned • Toxic Sewers • Dilapidated ArboretumTBS • Prison Depths • Corrupted Prison • Morass of the BanishedTBS • Ossuary • Ramparts • Ancient Sewers • The NestTBS • Black Bridge • Insufferable Crypt • Stilt Village • Slumbering Sanctuary • Graveyard • Clock Tower • Forgotten Sepulcher • CavernRotG • Clock Room • Guardian's HavenRotG • High Peak Castle • Derelict Distillery • Throne Room|
|Spoiler: True Ending (5 BSC) AstrolabRotG • ObservatoryRotG|