|Promenade of the Condemned, Slumbering Sanctuary|
|Corrupted Power (0.4%)
Explosive Decoy (0.4%)
Warrior Outfit (3+ BSC; 0.4%)
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Protectors appear to be immobile training dummies. The only thing they can do is give nearby enemies, including elites, a force field which neutralizes all weapon attacks and skill effects. It can't protect Golems, Demons, Kamikazes, and Bats). Protectors also DO NOT shield each other. The force field's defense is not flawless, as it drops briefly after every few seconds, allowing enemies around it to be defeated.
While Protectors do not move, all skill debuffs work on them. They can be stunned and are affected by burn, poison and bleed. Stunning them drops the barriers they give, letting the player clear the area around the Protector to more easily.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This enemy used to be named Defender
- Interestingly, Defenders are enemies carrying Protectors in the Astrolab. They are like mobile protectors.
- The character design is a clear reference to the training dummy from the first area of every run in Rogue Legacy.
- Despite being humanoid and appearing to face to the left, these enemies do not count as having an orientation or a "back" meaning the Assassin's Dagger or Vorpan can't get a critical hit on them.
- It is possible to move the protector and in some cases allow it take fall damage. This is evident with Spartan Sandals, Shovel, and basically anything that is able to push it.