Royal Guards are enemies found in High Peak Castle. They are very dangerous guards of the King, infected by the Malaise. They wear a huge, heavy gauntlet on one of their hands, which they violently slam onto the ground.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Depending on proximity to the player, Royal Guards will perform one of two attacks:
- When at longer range, the Royal Guard will project a shield and charge at the player dealing contact damage and pushing them until the end of the attack (much like The Hand of the King does)
- When at closer range, the Royal Guard will jump at the Beheaded and punch the ground, creating a shockwave, again, similarly to The Hand of the King. This will damage the Beheaded if they are touching the ground.
Moveset[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Shielded charge attack can either be rolled through or parried to avoid being damaged.
- The ground slam attack must be jumped over or avoided entirely, as it cannot be parried or dodged by rolling.
- It is advised that you simply attempt to kill it before it can do anything due to the danger of engaging it in close combat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its jumps can reach the player through walls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Royal Guards were added with the v1.4 update, aka Who's the Boss Update in August 2019 as an enemy deriving from The Hand of the King.
- Their internal name is Kingsfinger, because they are the minions of the Hand of the King.