|High Peak Castle|
Royal Guards are enemies found in High Peak Castle. They are very dangerous guards of the King, infected by the Malaise. They wear a huge, heavy gauntlet on one of their hands, which they violently slam on to the ground.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Will do either of 2 attacks upon detecting the Beheaded when nearby:
- Projects a shield and charges at the player dealing contact damage and pushes them until the end of the attack (much like The Hand of the King does)
- Jumps at the Beheaded and punches the ground, creating a shockwave, again, similarly to The Hand of the King. this will damage the Beheaded if they are touching the ground.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Shielded charge attack can either be rolled through or parried to avoid being damaged.
- The ground slam attack must be jumped over or avoided entirely, as it cannot be parried or dodged by rolling.
- It is advised that you simply attempt to kill it before it can do anything due to the danger of engaging it in close combat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Royal Guards were added with the v1.4 update, aka Who's the Boss Update in August 2019 as an enemy deriving from The Hand of the King.
- Its jumps can reach the player through walls.