Please abstain from editing in info that is not on the stable branch.
|“||The village was first in line when the Malaise started to spread. At first they buried their dead. Before long, they were fighting them.||„|
The Stilt Village is a fourth level biome.
This is the main settlement of the island. Here, the villagers would live a simple land. They would dine of the salty sea, casting the bait and nets for a little bite from a fish. Then, everyone started dying from the Malaise. At first, they quietly mourned their family, and wondered what higher power had they bothered to deserve this... But then, the ground opened up like a mouth; Not to swallow, but to spit out the undead, undead to drag them back into the mouth. The stilt village is a former shell of itself, and the crows are as numerous as the fish once were. Indeed, only the buildings, the insane scratchings, and the dead bodies of the villagers lay here as a reminder of what this once was. Now, no fish swims near the coast. The blood has made its way into the water, contaminating it, and providing a hazard for their life. Among the buildings and the nets, it is even more endangering. The fishermen now fish for live blood, finding the blood floating in the water too salty to drink.
General Information[edit | edit source]
Access and Exit[edit | edit source]
This biome is accessed after the Black Bridge. It cannot be accessed by any other path.
Village Keys[edit | edit source]
A central tower in the biome has a locked door which can be opened with a Village Key, leading to the second half of the biome. However this locked door can be bypassed without using a key by following a hidden route (see "Exclusive Blueprints" section below).
Level Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Scrolls[edit | edit source]
The Stilt Village contains 4 scrolls total: 3 Power Scrolls and 1 Dual-stat scroll.
Boss Stem Cells rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 BSC: Treasure Chest
- 2 BSC: Cursed Chest
- 3 BSC: Cursed Chest
- No 4 BSC door
Chests and loot[edit | edit source]
- 3 cursed chests: one in one of the chest-labeled entrances, one behind a 2 BSC door, and one behind a 3 BSC door.
- 2 treasure chests: one at the top of one of the buildings in the main biome, one behind a 1 BSC door.
- A 2-item altar is located in one of the chest-labeled entrances.
Shops[edit | edit source]
- Food shop located in one of the coin-labeled entrances.
- Weapon/skill shop located in one of the coin-labeled entrances.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- A room with a woman who hung herself can be encountered. Her lasts words on a note are, "The Malaise won't get us. I'll protect you... I'll protect you." The bodies of two people with slit throats can be found in the bed nearby. 
- The Alchemist has set up a laboratory dedicated to curing ill "volunteers". He reports that the essence of bupleurum seems to relieve symptoms.
- The scrawling on the wall of a house begs people to "SAVE YOUR SOUL INSTEAD!" other than naming the Malaise.
Loading Screen Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "The village was first in line when the Malaise started to spread. At first they buried their dead. Before long, they were fighting them."
- "It was a lovely village in the old days. Before everything there was intent on devouring you."
- "Fishing was the main activity in this little hamlet, until the water started turning murky and dark."
- "Before, it took several days for the fish to get that putrid smell."
Exclusive Blueprints[edit | edit source]
To reach the blueprint, acquire the first Village Key but do not use it to open the locked door in the tower at center of the biome. Instead skip the locked door by climbing onto a series of platforms before the tower and running through a small passage lined with traps. The Spider Rune is required to climb the wall and make the jump into the trap room.
After passing the center tower, acquire the second Village Key and use it to open the door to the Clock Tower elevator and exit at the end of the biome. Ride the elevator about 1/3 the way up, then jump off towards the right to access an alcove above the spike-lined wall. Use the Ram Rune to break through the floor and access the secret area. The blueprint is held behind a second locked door in this area, which opens with the Village Key you saved from earlier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stilt Village was formerly named Fog Fjord, but the name was changed in the Baguette Update.