|Starts out in the Prisoners' Quarters.|
|“||Aren't you the headless fellow that's been getting around?||„|
|~ Tutorial Knight|
The Beheaded, also known as The Prisoner or The Fallen One, is the protagonist of Dead Cells. It appears to be a mysterious shadowy, gas-like substance, with a glowing crystal inside. The Beheaded prefers to possess headless bodies instead of moving around without one.
Story[edit | edit source]
Hardly anything is known about the origin of the Beheaded — the Beheaded itself seems unaware of how it came to be. However, it appears to be known by the prisoners (who seem to fear it) and a few others. The Beheaded hunts down The King, hoping that killing him will bring some kind of change to the world. The Spider calls the Beheaded an anomaly, and mentions that some "she" was looking for it. The character this could be is unknown, but it likely is not The Time Keeper or the Spider herself.
After killing The King, the beheaded will freak out after leaving the prison safe area.
- "I don't understand a thing... "
- "But the King is quite dead..."
- "Why didn't anything change!?"
- ""WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?"
- "...What does it mean?"
Personality[edit | edit source]
While the Beheaded is unable to speak, it still has quite the personality. The Beheaded likes to make sarcastic remarks and jokes about the situations it finds itself in. It seems to have quite the mean streak, tending to kick bodies around, as well as pestering people. However, this does not mean it is completely empty of remorse and empathy. The Beheaded seems upset by the sight of the cruel orders from the king, grim at the sight of a guard killed by the effects of the Malaise, is seen telling a dead prisoner to "rest in peace", and lacking any kind of humour when finding a hanged woman. Its emotions are symbolized by the colour of its textbox.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- The Beheaded can possess dead bodies, until said body becomes so damaged it becomes unusable.
- Possessing a body is not instant. The Beheaded seemingly needs to "boot up" its body in order to use it efficiently.
- With the use of the Homunculus Rune, the Beheaded can launch its "head" from the body.
- It is currently unknown if a body must be headless in order to be possessed, although it is highly likely this is the case.
- Even without a body, the Beheaded retains the ability to move around.
- The Beheaded seems to be immortal. No matter where it is killed, even in the Forgotten Sepulcher’s darkness, it always seems to survive and come back.
- Perhaps it could be killed by targeting the "real" Beheaded, but it is unknown how easy this is, or if it’s possible at all. Even when The King hits the Beheaded with a vaporizing attack, it survives.
- The Beheaded seems immune to the Malaise, but the bodies it possesses are not.
- The Beheaded is a creature of an unknown species. The Heart of Dead Cells refers to his green mass as a homunculus.