|Challenger Rune (1st kill)
Heavy Crossbow (1st kill)
Impaler (2nd kill)
Melee (3rd kill)
Tranquility (4th kill)
Alienation (5th kill)
Damage on a single hit is soft-capped at 15% of Concierge's maximum health.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Stab (Melee range)
- Stabs in front of it, with a long windup.
- Fire Strike (Ranged)
- Slams hand into ground, causing fire to shoot up in a line toward one side.
- Line continues until barrier is hit, and can be dodged by jumping.
- Jumps towards the player, dealing damage on contact.
- This move often follows up on the Fire Strike.
Defense[edit | edit source]
- As of Update 1.1, attack damage on a single hit is soft-capped at 15% of the Concierge's maximum health.
- Used at certain HP thresholds to transition to the next phase.
- Stuns player if within range.
- Encases itself in a force field, becoming immune to damage and status effects for a few seconds.
- Damage Field
- Creates a damaging aura
- Periodically deals damage to player while in contact, no knock-back.
- Can be rolled through.
- Leap attacks done while this is active cannot be dodged by ducking.
- Creates a damaging aura
Vulnerabilities[edit | edit source]
- All attacks have activation frames that you can use to dodge.
- Very vulnerable to magnetic fields, but can still leap at the player.
- It doesn't focus his attacks on turrets, unlike most enemies.
- Most moves can be cancelled by stunning effects.
Viable Weapons/Skills[edit | edit source]
All weapons are viable against this boss as long as you know how to dodge. You may want to use turrets and bombs or Spiked Boots to stun it. Parrying is also very effective against both the Stab and Leap.
Fight Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Can be easily beaten using magnetic fields and a turret as long as you can dodge attacks.
- You can use potions when you dodge the leap. Be prepared to dodge again however. You can also use them when it uses its damaging aura by simply running at one side of the arena.
- Watch out for the Shout as it will stun you long enough to deal some serious damage.
- You can jump to avoid his hits, but you should not try when it jumps at you or uses its damaging aura, because it can still hit you.
- Staying close and dodging from side to side is advised, as its regular attacks have a long wind up time.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Concierge used to be the prison's Warden back when he was still human. He was called Castaing and was in charge of controlling the prison's entrance as well as managing prison guards.
- Castaing received secret orders from the King to stop controlling the entrances to the Prison and to keep all prisoners inside, even those who had finished their sentence. Castaing put a public sign asking for citizens to report any signs of infection or odd behaviour, but was scolded by the King for making his secret orders public
- The King later asked Castaing to focus on preventing imprisoned villagers to cross the bridge and escape back to their homes, by using force if necessary. It is unclear if those prisoners were infected or not, but it seems they were not guilty of any crime.
- Castaing became ill and his body mutated after he got the Malaise, which led to him being the Concierge monster.
- It is implied that Castaing was taking bribes from an unknown person and at least partly disobeying the King's orders. His motivations for doing so are unclear, but it seems Castaing needed money to support his lazy, rich lifestyle, as indicated by his sunbathing crib on top of the Ramparts.
- Castaing had a number of offices around the Island, notably in Prisoners' Quarters, the Promenade of the Condemned, the Ramparts and Prison Depths.
- Castaing had a book titled "Directing a prison for dummies", which includes a chapter on "bridge construction", which is a reference to the Black Bridge where the Beheaded fights him.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Baguette Update Alpha the boss' name was "The Incomplete One" and during the earlier stages of developement of the Baguette Update he was known as "the Caretaker"
- A concierge is a person who has charge of the entrance of a building. The Concierge is fought on the bridge that leads into and out of the island's prison, making it an apt title.