The Hand of the King
Damage on a single hit is soft-capped at 15% of Hand of the King's maximum health.
|"The Hand of the King"|
|The Throne Room|
|Symmetric Lance (1st Kill),
Boss Source Cell (1st kill on Normal),
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Uses his lance to slice or lunge at you. Combo increases with each stage of the fight.
- Charge (melee attack, may occur multiple times)
- Has a pushing effect that can cause you to fall into the two sets of spikes (causing a lot of damage). Will also destroy deployable skills.
- Rock pound (ranged)
- Jumps up and smashes his fist into the ground, creating a rock shockwave.
- Bomb flurry
- Throws bombs around himself.
- Charged rock pound (ranged)
- Jumps up and charges a large rock pound that covers the entire ground during the third phase of the fight. You can jump up to one of the two platforms to dodge it.
- Three flags will drop down from the top of the arena. After 6 seconds (if not destroyed) they will explode, inflicting high damage.
- Summon mobs (at set amounts of health. One or two are elites)
- At approximately 85% and 40% boss health. The first time has one elite, the second time has two.
- During this time the Hand of the King is completely invulnerable and will appear semi-transparent.
- The types of elite enemies summoned vary. The Inquisitor, the Grenadier, and the Disgusting Worm are most often summoned, but the Scorpion, the Cleaver, the Lacerator, and the Slasher can also appear.
Defense[edit | edit source]
- Has a shield that reduces the effect of projectiles (from the front).
- This includes all bows.
- Resists controlling effects such as freeze, frost slow, and stun (less freeze time, and less time slowed down).
Vulnerabilities[edit | edit source]
- The arena is fairly tight and compact; Using this to your advantage you can:
- Use weapons that constantly create poison clouds.
- Use items like the Cleaver.
- Use oil and fire grenades underneath him (as fire damage will stack quite considerably).
Viable Weapons/Skills[edit | edit source]
- Grenades and AoE damage seem to allow for large damage numbers.
- A shield can be used to parry the majority of his attacks.
Fight Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Here is a strategy from Feculator: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1338096063&tscn=1526086696.
- Phaser can be very useful in dodging the boss' attacks. Also, in the case of some weapons, mashing the attack button in midair allows you to stay in midair for a couple of seconds. This helps you dodge the ground slam attacks (even without using the small platforms) as well as his two- and three-hit combos. This is demonstrated in this video Melee and dodging.
- The Rampart shield with its unique effect can help greatly in dealing with the boss' two- and three-hit combos. If you successfully parry the first hit of the combo, the barrier will protect you against the remaining hits and possibly other incoming damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In order for him to drop the next boss source cell you must have all acquired boss source cells active.
- (Have 1 boss source cell equipped to get the second; 2 source cells for the third etc.)
- Occasionally, the boss can be pushed down the spike pits (might be caused by using Phaser when he is next to the pits). He will take some damage but will jump out immediately.
- On rare occasions, the boss can get stuck in a spike pit if he is pulled down by a Wolf Trap, or if he falls down into a Wolf Trap in the pits. He cannot jump out right away, then he might try to do the charge attack to clear deployed tools. But as he is stuck down the pit, he cannot clear the deployed tools, so he would try to perform the attack over and over, instead of jumping out of the pit.